Call for Topics and Speakers
Submission Deadline: November 17, 2017
ENR invites submissions of topics and speakers to present at the ENR Groundbreaking Women in Construction conference, to be held May 15-16, 2018 at the Palace Hotel, San Francisco.
The conference mission is to share insights, solutions and best practices for women looking to grow professionally, expand their profile, and impact the construction industry in a meaningful way. GWIC is not just a conference—it is a powerful catalyst to help women share, learn, challenge and inspire.
We seek ideas on speakers or session titles in these areas:
- Careers in Construction
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Work-Life Balance
- Project leadership
- Women in craft careers
- Management—Or Not??
- Corporate cultures that work
- Ethics for women in construction
- Gender disparity in compensation
- Gender differences in communication
- Recruitment and retention
- Business coaching
- Women and technology
- Managing older peers and/or men (kind of similar to "reverse mentoring", but not exactly?)
- Entrepreneurship (within an organization)
- Male/Female family-leave policies
- Launching a business
- Work-life balance
- GWIC will weigh topics based on innovation, transformative potential, issue importance and WOW factor
- GWIC does not cover the costs for travel or accommodation of speakers
- Speakers receive (1) free conference registration ($495 value) to compensate them for their effort and time
- Speakers agree in advance to be filmed for possible future use on GWIC and ENR websites.
- Submission deadline: November 17, 2017
- Review: Review process will take place early in February
- Notification: We will notify you by email of the status of your submission in late February